The ketogenic diet (or keto diet, for short) is a low-carb, high-fat diet that offers many health benefits.
Many studies have shown that this type of diet can help you lose weight and improve your health1. Another study confirms that a ketogenic diet is safe to use for longer periods of time2.
Everyone is different, and it can be hard to decide what you should eat. Keep reading to learn how to start a keto diet that is made just for you!
What is a Keto Diet?
The keto diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that is proven to show weight loss3.
This diet involves drastically reducing the intake of carbohydrates and replacing it with consumption of fat. By doing this, your body enters a natural metabolic state, called ketosis.
When your body enters ketosis, it uses fat to produce energy rather than carbs. With a lack of carbohydrate intake, it forces your body to rely on fat for energy, and can in turn burn your unwanted body fat.
This diet is also sometimes used to help control seizures in some people with epilepsy. It is prescribed by a physician and carefully monitored by a dietitian. It is usually used in children with seizures that do not respond to medications4.
Losing Weight With Keto Diets
A ketogenic diet is a great way to lose weight, and research actually shows that it is far superior to the often used, low-fat diet5.
Losing weight with a keto diet doesn’t mean you’ll go hungry. In fact, it is so filling that you can lose weight without counting your calories.
One study found that people on low-carb diets, such as keto, lost over twice the amount of weight than people that were on low-fat diets6.
Additional Health Benefits of a Keto Diet
As mentioned before, the keto diet is used as a tool to help with epilepsy. But did you know that the ketogenic diet actually originated as a tool to help treat several other neurological diseases?
That’s right, but not only that. Studies have shown that the diet can have benefits in various other health conditions:
- Acne: Eating less sugar or processed foods may help improve acne. The increase in protein may also help improve acne7.
- Cancer: Studies show that this diet can be used to treat several types of cancer and to reduce the growth of tumors8.
- Heart disease: Studies show that low-carb diets, such as keto, can help improve on risk factors for heart disease, such as body fat9.
- Alzheimer’s disease: Clinical trials have shown that this diet can reduce the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and even decrease the risk of developing the disease10.
- Brain injuries: There is evidence that this diet can help with the protection against strokes, cerebral ischemia, and acute traumatic brain injuries11.
- Parkinson’s disease: One study shows that a keto diet can help alleviate symptoms of Parkinson’s disease12.
- Epilepsy: Several studies have shown that a keto diet does reduce or prevent seizures in many children whose seizures could not be controlled by medications13.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: In one study, it was found that a keto diet can help with polycystic ovary syndrome. This may be due to the weight loss and reduction in insulin. Two women during this study actually became pregnant, despite previous infertility problems14.
However, research into many of these areas are not entirely conclusive. You should not use a diet as a substitute for treatment in any of these areas. Talk to your doctor.
Can I Still Eat the Foods That I Like?
You bet! With a keto diet, there’s still several tasty foods you can eat!
You can eat foods like steak, bacon, chicken, butter, cheese, and so much more! Remember, the goal here is to minimize the amount of carbs you eat, but this does not mean you have to suffer!
Unlike keto diets, other diets are typically much more restricting. You only have so much willpower to pursue a diet. Restrictive diets will deplete your willpower, increase your cravings, and lead to binging – which is the exact opposite of what you want.
How do I Start a Keto Diet That is Right for Me?
How about if you had a customized keto diet plan, made just for you?
Would you like to know exactly what to eat to lose fat and get healthy without giving up your favorite foods or starving yourself?
Who wouldn’t! I have found a keto meal plan customized to your body, situation, goals, and taste buds!
With this meal plan, you will receive:
- An eight-week meal plan created based on the expertise of certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and chefs
- Meals that have calorie and macronutrient content tailored to your specific situation and goals
- A nutrition plan with food variety to ensure you will get a wide range of nutrients and boost the likelihood of sticking to your diet
- Meals that are based on personal food preferences to make your diet enjoyable and help you stay on track with your plan
- Detailed recipes with step-by-step instructions to make meal preparation super simple (no prior cooking experience needed)
- A downloadable shopping list each week that details every needed ingredient you will need in the upcoming seven days
- Options on how you can customize every meal even more to suit your taste buds
- You’ll be shown what to eat every day to reach your goals in the fastest and most enjoyable way
Using my exclusive link here, you will get a DISCOUNT where you only have to pay $1 for the first seven days!
Click here for the discounted price!
Click here to be directed to my home page