Jump to recipe
If you’re looking for a keto-friendly chicken thigh recipe, you’re in the right place. These chicken thighs are both gluten-free and paleo-friendly and are sure to please a crowd.
Make this keto meal the main course for a dinner party or cook up in bulk for several days worth of lunch or weeknight meals.
These low-carb chicken thighs are:
The main ingredients in this chicken recipe are:
- Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen
- Chicken thighs
Optional additional ingredients:
- Chicken breast
- Parmesan cheese
Health Benefits of These Keto Chicken Thighs
Supports A Strong Immune System
Dietary protein is a crucial component to a robust and healthy immune system, and these chicken wings are packing 66 grams of protein per serving — pretty impressive.
It’s a well-known fact that protein malnutrition can result in immunodeficiency, which can result in increased risk for opportunistic infections and disease. That’s why incorporating meals that are protein-rich like this chicken dish is crucial for maintaining optimal health[*].
In addition, this recipe is spiced up with the immune-enhancing all-star herb, garlic. Garlic is one of the most well-studied foods for immunity, and research shows that it can help to enhance the function of your immune system on multiple levels.
From acting as an antioxidant, to increase numerous immune cells lines, garlic is perhaps one of the most beneficial foods you can eat to boost immunity[*].
Protein Enhances Satiety
Although these chicken thighs are going to be hard to put down because they’re so tasty, you don’t have to worry about overeating or not feeling satisfied.
Among the three macronutrients, protein is by far the most satiating and also most likely to keep your appetite in check[*]. If you’re in the mood for some comfort food, and really want to satisfy your hunger, skip the soups and salads and go big with a meaty meal like these chicken thighs.
Keto Chicken Thighs
Ready to cook up some delicious, crispy chicken thighs?
Begin by preheating your oven to 425 degrees F.
Next, in a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, avocado oil, harissa, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
In a large seasoned cast iron skillet, add the chicken thighs and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
Remove the chicken and add halved leeks and cook for another 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the heavy cream, optional collagen, lemon juice, garlic cloves, sea salt, and black pepper to a high-speed blender, blending on medium-high until well-combined.
Serve chicken topped with yogurt and fresh herbs.
It can be served with a side of steamed cauliflower or cauliflower rice, or veggies of choice.
If you prefer bone-in, you can also use chicken thighs with bones.
If you don’t have any yogurt, any cream sauce will pair with this recipe.
Crispy Keto Chicken Thighs
Crispy keto chicken thighs make the perfect weeknight dinner. They’re low-carb, paleo-friendly, and gluten-free. Serve with a side of cauliflower rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 thighs
- 6 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, halved lengthwise, rinsed, and thinly sliced into half moons (optional*)
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 scoop Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen (optional*)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh herbs such as: cilantro, parsley, mint, dill, basil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken thighs, avocado oil, harissa, cumin, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large seasoned cast iron skillet, add the chicken thighs and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove and add halved leeks and cook for another 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, add the heavy whipping cream, optional collagen, lemon juice, garlic cloves, sea salt and black pepper to a high-speed blender, blending on high until well-combined.
- Serve chicken topped with yogurt and fresh herbs.
- Can be served with a side of steamed cauliflower or cauliflower rice.
- Calories: 448g
- Fat: 18.5g
- Carbohydrates: 3.1g (Net: 2.7g)
- Protein: 66g
The post Crispy Keto Chicken Thighs appeared first on Perfect Keto.