Try something different this holiday, tis the most wonderful time of the year , it has been a very long journey this year and we are grateful for life.
pavlova is a popular dish and an important part of the national cuisine of both Australian and New zealand recipe mostly served during holidays named after the russian ballerina dancer Anna Pavlova, for some weird reason i am thinking palava (nigerian slang when in a tight situation) not a problem though, this isn’t a palava pavlova it is easy to prepare.
This is a perfect treat to share with family and friends and very simple to prepare.
If you have made meringue, this is the same with a crisp outer crust and a soft moist marshmallow like texture inside. All you need is egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla, some sweetener (xylitol) and xanthan gum or psyllium husk to make the meringue, the original recipe uses cornflour.
Whisk all ingredients until it becomes stiff.
Use a spatula to make shape it, place on a parchment paper, drawing a circle on the parchment paper helps to get the right shape.
Leave pavlova in the oven until the oven cools completely to prevent deflation, whip some cream use coconut cream if you are dairy sensitive, annd add some fruit, blueberries and blackberries are great if you choose to use the next day do not add cream on the pavlova until ready store in a cool dry place.
Perfect dessert to share.
- 6 Egg whites.
- 1/4 Cup xylitol sweetener.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cream of tartar or apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract.
- 1 Teaspoon xanthan Gum or Psyllium husk.
- 1 Cup Whipping cream or coconut cream.
- 1/2 Cup sliced strawberries.
- 1/2 Cup blueberries.
- Whisk egg whites, cream of tartar and xanthan gum until they have soft peaks, gradually add sweetener and whisk until the egg white is stiff, add vanilla.
- Spread mixture on baking tray, shape as you like.
- Bake for 1 hour at 120 degree celsius, leave in the oven until oven cools completely.
- Using a whisk whip cream until it becomes stiff.
- Spread cream on pavlova.
- Add strawberries and blueberries decorate as you please.
Easy dessert to share.